Upper Dolpo Trekking
Upper Dolpo is remote the wilderness area of Dolpo region which is fully isolated from the marks of modernization. The region has full of hidden mysteries of the nature including ancient monasteries and Gompas. Shey Phoksundo Lake, Phoksundo National Park, Shey Gompa can be excursed in the region. Trekking in Dolpo region is quite strenuous and challenging due to its geographical remoteness. Trekking to high passes like Kang La Pass at the altitude of 5375m, Jeng La Pass at 5110m and Shey La at 5000m. are very challenging to the trekkers.
Upper Dolpo Trekking is the trekking into isolated part of Mid-Western part of Nepal. The exciting landscape, natural vegetation and wildlife make the region one of the interesting regions to explore. The highlights of the Trek in Upper Dolpo region are Juphal, Kageni, Dunai, Chhepka, Shey Gompa, Saldang, Rinje, Dho and Lingdo etc.
Upper Dolpo Trekking is strenuously long and technically difficult trek. Dolpo region is supposed to be blessed by Guru Rimpoche where you can get spiritual serenity being away from hustle and bustle of urban life. The opportunity to explore this abandoned region which is very rich in natural life including different endangered animals like Blue sheep and snow leopard and precious plants like silvery fir and other plants gives you exact picture of diversity of Nepalese flora and fauna.
Trip Highlights :
Duration: 24 Days
Accommodation: Hotel / Camping
Activities: Trekking, Hiking
Group Sizes: 2+
Cost: $ 3750
Day 01: Arival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel by Car/Van/Bus. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Free Day prepare for trekking Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Fly to Nepaljung. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Fly to Juphal (2,400meters) and trek to Dunai (2,150meters) 3 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 05: Dunai to Ankhe (2,660meters) 6 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 06: Ankhe to Renje (3,104meters) 7 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 07: Renje to Phosundo Lake (3,600meters) 6.30 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 08: Phoksundo lake to Phoksundo Khola (3,507meters) 6 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 09: Phoksundo Khola to Phoksundo Bhanjyang (4,402meters) 7 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 10: Cross Kang La pass (5360 meters) then trek to Shey Gompa (4,126meters) 7 hours.
Day 11: Rest and exploration day at Shey Gompa. Overnight at tented cam
Day 12: Cross the Saldang La pass (4,785meters), and then trek to Namdua Gaon (4,400meters) 7 hours.
Day 13: Trek to Saldang (3,903meters) 4 hours. Overnight at tented cam
Day 14: Trek to Sibu (3,942meters) 6 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 15: Trek to foot of the Jeng La (4,369meters) 5 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 16: Cross the Jeng La pass (4,845meters), trek to Tokyu Gaon (4,240meters) 7 hours.
Day 17: Trek to Dho Tarap (4,090meters) 4.30 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 18: Trek to Serkam (3,630 meters) 6.30 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 19: Trek to Khani Gaon (2,550meters) 7 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 20: Trek to Tarakot (2,281meters) 4 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 21: Trek to Dunai (2,052meters) 5 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 22: Trek to Juphal (2,404meters) 3 hours. Overnight at tented camp
Day 23: Fly to Kathmandu via Nepaljung. Overnight at hotel.
Day 24: Depature from nepal or exten your nepal holiday.
Cost Includes On :
- Pick up from airport and drop to Hotel.
- 3 nights 3 stars hotel in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
- All necessary trekking paper, trekking permit (TIMS), national park entry permit & conservation permit
- Upper Dolpo permit
- 1 guide
- 1 Assistance Guide who support to pitch tents and guarding camp at night
- 1 Cook and 1 kitchen supporter/s as per group size
- Required kitchen utensils
- Cooking fuel and lighting service
- Required portage service to carry tents, food stuffs, fuels & kitchen utensilsNecessary tent and equipment
- All the staff insurance, well paid salary, equipment, transportation
- Kathmandu Nepalgunj Jumla, JuphalNepalgunj Kathmandu round trip flight tickets
- all the domestic airport tax.
- All the transporting.
- Government taxes and service charge.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit)
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal visa.
- International airfare.
- Travel and rescue Insurance
- Food in Kathmandu.
- Extra night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure.
- All the hotel accommodation or meals in Kathmandu.( in the case return early from trek due to any reason)
- Personal expenses( bar bills, coke, beer, bottle of water, phone call, laundry service etc.
- Tips for guide porter.
price plan for your trips
|Trip Plan||Particulars||Price Per Person|
Nepal Trekking Regions
Nepal Travel Information
Nepal Packages Tours
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Chitwan package tour
- Kathmandu-Nagarkot-Pokhara Tour.
- Discover Nepal Cultural Tour
- 9 Days Tours in Nepal
- Nepal Holidays Package Tours
- All Nepal Tour
- World Heritage Sites Tour
- Nepal Tibet & Bhutan Tour
- Adventure Tour in Nepal
- Helicopter Tours in Nepal
- Family Tour in Nepal
- Best Tour in Nepal