Gokyo lake Trekking
Gokyo Trekking- Everest Gokyo Valley Trek
Gokyo Trek is trek to the lakes in Gokyo valley at the high altitude over 4200m. The trek also includes the wonderful visit of the second largest glacier Khumbu Glacier in the world. The trail has wonderfully beautiful sceneries of Gokyo Valley, Mt. Gokyo and beautiful lakes, glaciers and lofty mountains including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and Cho Oyo etc. The view of Khumbu Glacier from Gokyo ridge is very superb one!
Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking trail is through Lukla. The trek heads up to the valley leaving Everest Base Camp trail and running off from the Nguzumpa Glacier to the Gokyo Valley. As arriving in Gokyo valley, deep blue alpine lakes and their panoramic sceneries with pleasant climb to Gokyo village are impressive. Rocky with snow scattered land and the beautiful lakes surrounded by gigantic High Mountains give pleasantly adventurous experience. Gokyo Lake is the standpoint from where you can see more than from the summit of Mt. Everest, therefore it is the best trail for viewing the mountains in Himalayan Range.
Gokyo Lake rises from the north face of Dudh Pokhari. The lake is important for the morning view of Cho Oyo for viewing fantastic mirror look. The summit of Gokyo Peak provides astonishing sunset views of Mt. Makalu, Mt. Everest and Gyachung Kang and many other peaks impressive than the views from Kalapatthar or Everest Base Camp.
Time for Nepal Total : 13 Days
Trekking Duration: 12 days
Trekking Detination: Gokyo lake and Gokyo Ri
Mode of trek: Tea house/camping
Maximum Altitude: 5346m.
Group size: 1+
Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu, transfer to hotel, brief about the trip, and well-come dinner at evening through the typical Nepalese kitchen.
Day 02: Fly, Kathmandu / Lukla (a 45 minute flight) trek to Phakding.
Day 03: Phakding / Namche Bazaar (3446 m.).
Day 04: Namche Bazar Rest
Day 05: Namche Bazaar / Dole (4200 m.)
Day 06: Dole / Machchhermo (4470 m.)
Day 07: Machchhermo / Gokyo (4790 m.)
Day 08: Excursion around Gokyo Lake climb Ghokyo Ri (5357 m.)back Macchermo
Day 09: Macchermo - Dole / Namche Bazaar (3446 m.)
Day 10: Namche Bazzar-Phakding / Lukla (2840 m.)
Day 11: Lukla- Kathmandu by flight.
Day 12: Free day.
Day 13: Departure from Nepal as per time
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1400 m)
Welcome to the country of Mt. Everest! As you arrive in Tribhuvan International Airport, our representatives will receive you and transfer to the hotel which you have booked in Kathmandu. Hotel staffs will complete check in and manage for your accommodation. We organize welcome dinner in the hotel in the evening with our team.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Lukla flight and Trek to Phakding (2610m.)
On this day, you will be transferred to the airport for a short scenic flight to Lukla. It is less than 30 minutes flight with astonishing views of mountains, forests and river valleys. After landing in Lukla, we begin our trekking to Phakding. The trail leads to Phakding enjoying the natural scenario along the way. We stay overnight in Phakding in a lodge.
Day 03: Phakding –Namche Trekking- 6 hrs. (3446m.)
On this day, we trek to Namche Bazaar from Phakding Village through Dudh Koshi riverside. The trail is pleasant with the views of forests of pine, fir and Rhododendron trees. We reach Monjo which is the entrance of Sagarmatha National Park. The views of giant mountains are impressive while walking through the trail. We stay overnight in a hotel after exploring the surrounding area of Namche Bazaar.
Day 04: Acclimatization Day
It is acclimatization day in Namche so you have enough time to explore the life style of locals. Short hiking can be utilization of the time. High altitude can be harmful if we ignore resting. It is necessary to adjust your body with high elevation. Visit Sagarmatha National Park and hiking to Everest View Hotel. You can view the world’s amazing panoramic scenes of the earth and get chance to observe uniquely different Sherpa Culture.
Day 05: Trek to Dole 4,200m - 06 hrs.
After a wonderful time here at Namche the walk starts with a short uphill on the main trail to Everest base camp for a while, then on the gradual winding track to Kyangima near Shanasa a small settlements with few houses, here might see some wildlife as this area if full of colourful Danphe pheasant (Impeyan Pheasant) National bird of Nepal and elusive musk deer, Himalayan Thar (mountain goat).
After a good walk trek diverts leaving the main trail behind then continue trek towards Gokyo with steep climb to Mong ridge top at 3,973 meters, from here walking downhill path to Phortse Thanghka near Dudh Kosi River.
From here walk heads to Dole for the overnight stop, after a climb into small woods of rhododendron trees as it changes to juniper and conifers bushes tree lines then to Tongba 3,950m and Gyele 3,960 m small settlements before Dole, here at Dole with fascinating views of Khumbila and Tawache peaks.
Day 06: Trek to Machermo 4,410m-04 hrs.
From Dole adventure leads along the valley side on a gradual level path for an hour to a settlement of Lhabarma Kharka at 4,325 m and to Luza at 4,390m; walking around the ridge top with the views of Machermo village on glacial valley, then descending to Machermo for overnight stop with a half day with afternoon frees after lunch for acclimatization and short hikes.
Day 7: Trek to Gokyo 4,760m -04 hrs.
As the walk progress on this high altitude moving to the final destination of this adventurous trip to Gokyo Lake morning walks on the scenic path to a small place of Pangka 4,545m, then the route climbs a rocky trail into ablation valley through the first lake and then a second lake, and then finally to the third lake also called Dudh Pokhari. On the shore of the lake stands Gokyo at 4,790 meters the summer settlement of Khumbu area, here free afternoon after lunch for short walk with acclimatization, from this vantage point near the lake offers striking views of
Mt. Cho Oyo world’s 06th highest and Gyachung Kang reflecting on turquoise green Gokyo Lake.
Day 08: Climb to Gokyo Ri enjoy Himalaya Sinrise and trek back to Macchermo. ( 4410m)5 hour
Early morning we climb to Gokyo Ri. Gokyo Ri (5360m), a small peak above Gokyo village. As we climb the views become even more fantastic and from the top we can see four of the seven highest peaks in the Nepal Himalaya: Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse and Makalu. Stretching out for miles below us is the longest glacier in Nepal - the Ngozumpo glacier, which tumbles down from the slopes of Cho Oyu. One of the best all round views in Nepal. After Himalaya Sunrise view, we will return to Macchermo same way. overnight lodge in Macchermo.
Day 09: Macchermo- Dole- Namchebazzar. ( 3460m) 6 hour down hill.
After breakfast, we will trek down hill sameway to Namche bazzar.
Day 10: Namche - Phankding to Lukla.( 2800m) 7 hour
Day 11: Lukla to Kathmandu
On this day, you fly to Kathmandu in the morning. This short and scenic flight possibly makes you feel nostalgic because of the glimpses of snowy mountains through private window of plane. You will be transferred to hotel where you either have leisure time or you may catch the last moments exploring the sights of Kathmandu. Shopping in market is another best option. In the evening, we have a celebration dinner together.
Day 12: Free day
Today is our free day.we always suggest you take one extra days after the trek incase the flight delay of cancel from Lujla to kahtmandu. if your trip goest smthly, may be you do city sightseeing.
Day 13: Departure from Nepal.
We will drop you at the airport as per your time. and good bye from Nepal.
Cost include on:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport Trabsport by private car/van/Bus.
- Three night's standard Hotel in Katmandu.
- Your stander meals in mountain (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/.
- Flight Ticket (LUK-KTM-LUK) / domestic airport Tax.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- 'Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower, pot of tea, coffee etc.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
price plan for your trips
|Price Per Person
Similar Trips on Everest Region !
- 15 days Everest Base Camp Trekking
- 15 days Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek
- 14 days Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking
- 10 days Everest Panorama Trekking
- 19 days Gokyo Chola Pass Trekking
- 17 days Everest Renjo La Pass Trekking
- 14 days Lukla Kalapathar EBC Trek
- 19 days Rolwaling Trek
- 12 days Everest Sunrise Treks
- 22 days Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek
- 18 days Dudh Kunda Trekking
- 21 days Everest 3 Pass Trekking
- 21 days Mera Peak Amphu Lapcha Pass
- 18 days Everest Himalaya Trek
- 15 days Arun Valley Trekking
Nepal Trekking Regions
Nepal Travel Information
Nepal Packages Tours
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Chitwan package tour
- Kathmandu-Nagarkot-Pokhara Tour.
- Discover Nepal Cultural Tour
- 9 Days Tours in Nepal
- Nepal Holidays Package Tours
- All Nepal Tour
- World Heritage Sites Tour
- Nepal Tibet & Bhutan Tour
- Adventure Tour in Nepal
- Helicopter Tours in Nepal
- Family Tour in Nepal
- Best Tour in Nepal