Gosainkunda Holy Lake Trekking
Goshaikunda is a famous Hindu Holy lake situated on the height of 4380 m. According to legend, Shiva created Goshaikunda when he pierced a glacier with his trident to obtain water to quench his thirst after swallowed a poison that threatened to destroy the world. There are about a dozen lakes in the Goshaikunda Basin, SaraswatiKund, BhairabKund, Surya Kund and Goshaikunda Holy Lake trekking is the famous and most valued one Langtang region wich is situated in the north of Kathmandu and the ethnic group, known as Tamangs mostly populated this area. The culture, language and their customs are much similar to the Tibetans. The views of snowy mountain peaks, like the LangtangLirung (7,246 m.). Gangchenpo (5,846 m.), DorjeLakpa (6,966 m.) is excellent.Langtang valley itself is another marvelous attraction for tourists. One can set out this trek; drive out from Kathmandu to Dhunche either by local or reserved bus. Approximately 6 to 7 hours’ drive.
Trip Duration : 8 days
Trekking Destination: Langtang Region
Best Time: October /November and March /April
Trip Start : Dhunche
Trip End : Dhunche
Maximum Altitude : 4610m
Accommodation: lodge/ Tea house
Trek Grade : Moderate
Group Size: 1+
Day 01: Arrive Nepal and transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02 : Kathmandu to Dhunche( 1960m) 6 hour by Bus
Day 03 : Dhunche to Chandanbari ( 3330m) 5 hour hike
Day 04 : Chandanbari to Gosaikunda lake (4165m)
Day 05 : Climb Lauribina (4610m) Explore the Gisaikunda lake to Back Lauribina. (3910m) 6 hour
Day 06 : Chandanbari to Dhunche( 1960m) 5 hour
Day 07 : Dhunche to Kathmandu by Bus ( 6 hour)
Day 08 : Departure from Nepal.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Welcome to the country of Mt. Everest! As you arrive in Tribhuvan International Airport, our representatives will receive you and transfer to the hotel which you have booked in Kathmandu. Hotel staffs will complete check in and manage for your accommodation. We organize welcome dinner in the hotel in the evening with our team.
- Day 02: Drive to Dhunche (1,960m): 6/7 drive
Early morning breakfast in the hotel is followed by drive to Dhunche. The journey forwards through the hilly winding road along the Trishuli River. On the way, we get to experience fun mixing adventure as well as the great view of rivers, forest and terraced fields. Dhunche is the district headquarters of Rasuwa district and has headquarter of "Langtang national park" as well. Overnight at Dhunche. Meal: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 03: Trek to Chandanbari (3,335m): 4/5 trek
After the breakfast we follow gradual uphill trail along the bamboo & Oak forest, pass the village of Deurali and Dimsa and reach to Sing Gompa for overnight stop today. Sing Gompa has a very famous monastery, so the place has great religious fame in the whole region. The place also offers the gigantic view of Langtang Himalayan ranges. Meal: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 04: Trek to Gosaikunda (4210m.)
On this day, we trek to Gosaikunda from Sin Gompa. We walk through the trail passing Laurebeni. You can explore the lakes around Gosaikunda. SaraswotiKunda, DudhKunda, BhairavKunda, AmaKunda, Chandra Kunda, RagatKunda etc. Gosaikunda Lake has a rock in the middle of it which is supposed to be God Shiva’s shrine. We stay overnight in camp.
- Day 05: Explore the Gosainkunda lake and back to Lauribina( 3335m) 6 hour
Early morning climb to Lauribina pass ( 4610m) enjoy the view of mt Annapurna, Langtang, Dorjelakpa and back to Lauribana.
- Day 06: Chandanbari to Dhunche( 5 hour)
- Day 07: Dhunche to Kathmandu by Bus
- Day 08: departure from Nepal.
Cost include on:
- Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu.
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and entry permits.
- Ground transportation by Tourist Bus from Katmandu to Chautara / and Melamche to Katmandu by bus/Van.
- All accommodations in lodge/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples). Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Welfare diner.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu).
- You will require 2 passport size photos.
- You will require Nepalese currency or USD for Nepal Visa.
- Your Travel insurance.
- Food in city like Katmandu and Pokhara.
- Your personal expenses.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
price plan for your trips
||Price Per Person
More trips in Langtang Region !
How this trip makes responsible ?
Adventure Great Himalaya works closely with the AGH Social Foundation. www.aghsocialwork.org and is one of the main benefactors of the foundation; we give support to the Foundation in many different way, Our 10% income directly goes to this organization.