Naya Kanga Peak Climbing
Naya Kanga Peak also known as Ganja La Chuli is a popular trekking peak in Nepal situated in Langtang region. Langtang is a popular destination for climbing snow peaks and spectacular panoramic views of mountains in Nepal and Tibet. Easy access to the region and availability of several snow peaks scattered around for acclimatization make this region an ideal destination for mountaineers.
Many small peaks in this region which require no previous climbing experience are suitable for even trekkers to have little taste of what's like climbing in Nepal. Naya Kanga is an attractive peak rising to the west of the Ganja La (5,122m). Ascending to Ganja La or the summit of Naya Kanga offers the spectacular panoramic views of mountains in Nepal and Tibet including Langshisa Ri (6,370m), Pemthang Ri (6,836m), Shisapangma (8,046m), Langtang Lirung (7,425m), Pemthang Kapro Ri (6,830m) and Langtang II (6,571m). The normal route of ascent to Naya Kanga is via the north - east ridge over a line on ice and snow. We follow the route of Langtang trek to Kyangjin (3,749m) for the ascent of Naya Kanga. To the north above Kangjin, there are several hills that provide both the magnificent views and the acclimatization. North - east of Kyangjin Ri (4,700m), there are two peaks; Yala Peak (5, 500m) and Tsergo Peak (5,749m) that provide good climbing for acclimatization.
Crossing the Langtang Khola below Kyangjin, we climb steeply along the ridge through a forest of rhododendron and juniper. Finally climbing more gently, we arrive at yak pastures of Ngegang at about 4000m. We continue following the trail to Ganja La through moraine climbing steeply. We leave Ganja La trail to climb steeply up yet more moraine to reach the eastern end of the glacier shelf beneath the north - east face of Naya Kanga. We set up the high camp here for the ascent.
We cross the glacier shelf to the foot of a shallow colors heading to the north ridge. We climb the colors to the notch and the base of the ridge. Then we turn to the ice nose on the left which is only the technical section on the climb. Now the ridge widens and leads to a small col. on the east - west summit ridge and the summit is only 30m higher to the right. The climb near the summit should be done carefully. Normally, the ascent takes 5 - 7 hours from the high camp. For the return trek, we may follow Ganja La - Helambu route or take the same route back to Dhunche.
Trip Highlights :
Time for Nepal Total : 16 Days
Walking and climbing duration: 12 days
Starting : Sybrubensi
Ending : Sybrubensi
Grade : Hard
Mode of trek : Tea house / camping
Maximum Altitude : 5844m.
Minimum: 2 people.
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02 : Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley 04 different sites and permit arrangements
Day 03 : Kathmandu to Sybrubensi (1450m). Drive by landcruiser about 7-8 hours.
Day 04 : SyabruBensi to Lama hotel (2380m). First cross the BhoteKoshi river and Langtang river then walk right side of the river through the Bamboo forests to reach Bamboo. After that the trail gradually climb up to Lama hotel.
Day 05 : Lama Hotel to Langtang village(3400m) Trek forward through Rhododendron and pine forest for about 3 hrs and reach Ghoda Tabela then walk for another two hours to reach Langtang ( Biggest village of the area)inhabited by Buddhist Tamangs and Tibetans
Day 06 : Langtang to Kyanjing Gompa (3800m) Trek for 3 hrs to reach Kyanjing Gompa (highest settlement of the area) where you can see local cheese factory and beautiful mountains.
Day 07 : Hike up to kyanjing Ri or Tsherko Ri for the acclimatization and panoramic view of the mountains. Same day back to Kyanjing Gompa.
Day 08 : Trek to Ganja La (4510m).
Day 09 : Ganja La to Naya Kang base camp.
Day 10 : Hike up to high camp.
Day 11 : Summit Naya Kang (5844m) and back to Ganja La.
Day 12 : Trek back to Kyanjing Gompa
Day 13 : Trek back to Lama hotel.
Day 14 : Trek back to Shybru Bensi.
Day 15 : Drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 16 : Transfer to the Airport and departure back to home.
Cost include on:
- Airport pick up & drop
- 3 Night' stourist slandered hotel accommodation in KTM at Bed & Breakfast basis.
- Kathmandu valey sightseeing by tour Guide. including entry fees.
- Kathmandu Lukla/Kathmandu flight ticket including airport tax. and cargo fees.
- All meals (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) during trip
- One professional English speaking trekking guide, 1 Cook necessary Sherpa and Porters.
- Life insurance for all support crews and their daily wages.
- One English speaking equipped climbing guide, Equipment for all crew.
- Per member 25 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking.
- Trekking, Peak Permits, National Park permits Fees and garbage deposit.
- Snow bars and ropes for the climbing as well as tented camp while on climbing .
- All official taxes and service charge.
Cost does not include on:
- International air fare.
- Personal equipment.
- All bar bills. Like coke, beer, bottle of water etc.
- Emergency rescue evacuation
- Food in city Kathmandu.
- Extra night hotel in Kathmandu, and food, accommodation if return back early due to any reason.
- TIPS for staff and garbage fee.
price plan for your trips
|Trip Plan||Particulars||Price Per Person|
Nepal Trekking Regions
Nepal Travel Information
Nepal Packages Tours
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Chitwan package tour
- Kathmandu-Nagarkot-Pokhara Tour.
- Discover Nepal Cultural Tour
- 9 Days Tours in Nepal
- Nepal Holidays Package Tours
- All Nepal Tour
- World Heritage Sites Tour
- Nepal Tibet & Bhutan Tour
- Adventure Tour in Nepal
- Helicopter Tours in Nepal
- Family Tour in Nepal
- Best Tour in Nepal