Kanchenjunga is long and challenging one of the unspoiled trekking trails in eastern part of Nepal opened in 1988 for trekkers. It is third highest mountain in the world. Kanchenjunga trek going deep into the remote mountain ranges on Nepal’s border with Sikkim and Tibet. In this trek You will see a wide range of scenery from lush, tropical jungle through to rhododendron, chestnut and oak forests and then at higher altitudes into the alpine zone. You will see a range of Nepalese culture and life-style from Rai and Limbus to Tibetan Buddhist villages.
The Kanchanjunga trek starts by the north side of Kanchenjunga where you see views of Tent peak, Nepal peak, Cross peak and then at Base Camp Kanchenjunga itself becomes visible. From Pangpema the trek returns to Ghunsa and then crosses the Mirgin La pass over to the south side of Kanchenjunga. Once over this pass we visit the yak pastures of Ramche and Oktang where there are impressive views of the south west face of Kanchenjunga.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu transfers to hotel.
Day 02: Trekking preparation day- buy or rent your personal equipments obtain permit for the trek etc.
Day 03: Fly to Biratnagar. Overnight hotel.
Day 04 Drive by bus to Suketar
Day 05 Suketar to trek Phurumba/ Jogidanda
Day 05: Trek to Chirwa (1190m)
Day 06: Trek to Sakathum (1640m)
Day 07: Trek to Amjilassa (2490m)
Day 08: Trek to Gyabla (2730m)
Day 09: Trek to Gunsa (3410m)
Day 10: Rest day or acclimatization at Ghunsa
Day 11: Trek to Khambachen (4150m)
Day 12: Trek to Lhonak(4790m)
Day 13: Trek to Pangpema (5140m)
Day 14: Exploration day around Northern Base Camp Kanchenjunga Glacier
Day 15: Trek back to Khambachen (4150m)
Day 16: Trek back to Gunsa (3410m)
Day 17: Trek to Selele Kharka
Day 18: Trek over Selele Pass - trek down to Tseram (3900m)
Day 19: Trek to Ramche (4620m)
Day 20: Explore around Southern Base Camp and Yalung Glacier and return to Ramche
Day 21: Trek back to Torntan (2990m)
Day 22: Trek to Yamphudin (1690m)
Day 23: Trek to Keswa (1960m)
Day 24: Trek to Suketar (2400m)
Day 25: Drive to Biratnagar.
Day 26: fly to Kathmandu.
Day 27: departure from Nepal.
- Pick up & drop from airport by private car / van / bus.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in *** star hotel in Kathmandu breakfast included.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private car / van / bus.
- Full board meal during camping, prepared by our cook with Tea & coffee.
- Tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek. (We will provide fully water proof two men tents, dining tents, kitchen gear, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent etc.)
- A government licensed English speaking Guide during the trek. A cook and the required number of porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine.
- Boiled and purify drinking water for the trek.
- All special trekking permits & fees.
Surface Transfer to and from Kathmandu.
- Flight cost from Kathmandu – Biratnager – Kathmandu including airport departure taxes in both airport.
- Down Jacket and sleeping bag by Ace the Himalaya (which needs to be returned after the trek.)
- All our government taxes.
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Official expense.
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency is required to obtain Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days. Likewise, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. You will also require 2 passport size photos.)
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal trekking Equipment.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected.)
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.